Anticipation is building for the long-awaited redevelopment of the Diamond Valley Sports & Fitness Centre (DVSFC) scheduled for completion in late 2021.
Hidden underneath the tarps & behind the fencing surrounding DVSFC, there has been an element of secrecy on the project. What exactly is included in the schedule of works?
In Nillumbik’s biggest capital works leisure project following the Eltham Leisure Centre, the $16.5m redevelopment of the Diamond Valley Sports & Fitness Centre is undergoing changes in the following areas:
- 3 new multi-sport courts & 1 new show court targeted at hosting elite-level competition/events.
- Street-level entrance from the main car park
- Reception facilities
- Competiton change/team facilities.
- Referee facilities.
- Administration facilities.
Refurbishment works include:
- Significant safety, disability & compliance work throughout.
- Information technology, fire prevention & communication infrastructure.
- Complete refurbishment to existing middle-level bathroom & change facilities.
- Improved connection and facility access to Court 6.
- Refurbishment of the existing office & multi-purpose rooms.
Please see the below artistic impressions of what the new facility will look like.
New Reception & Cafe:
The Diamond Valley is well-known throughout the region as a sporting destination, but many are not aware of the health & wellness offering. Aligned Leisure supported by Nillumbik Shire Council will be re-opening the health club with short-term plans to enhance the gymnasium and group exercise offering to service the local community with a range of apparatus & programs to cater from the novice trainer to the elite athlete.
To express your interest in staying across all the news on the redevelopment, special offers & events, click below: